Friday, October 24, 2014

The Most Obnoxious Household Pest

The award for Most Obnoxious Household Pest (in my opinion) goes to the fruit fly. They multiply before your eyes, get in your face, and are impossible to kill due to their small size. I just recently moved into a new apartment, and who knows how the first few fruit flies got in, but they did, and now I have a borderline infestation of red-eyed nuisances. Quickly I turned to the coveted Pinterest to uncover a way to get rid of these flies, and thought I would share with you an affordable method I discovered that has worked to kill 7 fruit flies so far (it's sad to think there were that many in my house, not to mention the near 10 I killed on my own!).

Here is what you need:
  1. Mason Jar(s) - multiple jars if the problem has spread to multiple rooms
  2. Apple Cider Vinegar
  3. Dish Soap 
That's it! So chances are if you haven't just moved into an empty apartment like me, you may already have these things on hand, and if not, these things are super cheap to come by!  All you have to do is pour some apple cider vinegar and dish soap into the mason jar and mix it together - simple, right? Anyway, there's tons of other methods out there, and some relatively decorative jars that make fly trapping quite discrete, but if you're looking for something quick, cheap, and easy, the apple cider vinegar and dish soap trick is pretty handy! Another fun find for y'all!

Happy Friday everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment